Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My field trip to Zion's National Park


On Tuesday, our whole 5th grade had a field trip to Zion's National Park. We got on the bus first thing in the morning and went to Zion's. We left our lunches on the bus and hiked up to Emerald's pool. There were so many scenes to take pictures of. I took 102 pictures. When we got there I took off my socks and shoes and walked around on the sand taking pictures. and then I got in the water. It was cold at first, but then I got used to it. We were only allowed to let the water up to our knees. I found a quarter in the sand. We were all having such a great time, but a boy named Troy got his whole body wet and it ruined it for all of us. We all had to get out of the water. Then I took a picture of an island in the pool of water. We stayed there for at least a half hour. Then we walked back down after that and we had lunch on the grass area at the lodge. After we were done eating, some of us had extra water and a water fight began. Mr. Ekker, my teacher, and Mr. Thomas were the leaders. They got pretty wet. Then we went back to school.


P.S. I had to beg my parents for 2 days for them to finally agree to let me take their camera on this field trip. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Today, we got our desks cleaned. There was another sale. I got acrylic paints, 3 pinks: hot pink, magenta, and light pink, and an orange and a black. I also got 5 mini candy canes. Then we had an assembly. The 5th grade students had a list of things they were asked to memorized. I memorized the Gettysburg address and the pledge, but that was all.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Jileigh. I am glad you took good care of my camera.

Grandma Cynthia said...

Great pictures Jileigh! It's good your parents let you take the camera. I'll bet it was a fun day. Hopefully it was a lot warmer than it was today. We tried to have fun with water balloons today at school but it was a joke because of the cold!
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Dear jileigh
I like the pictures you took at zion,especialy the quarter

Lise said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love it up there at Emerald Pools. That is where Daniel and I went for one of our first dates. That is pretty special to get to go for a field trip and to have teacher's that will start a water fight, Pretty Cool!